Thursday, May 31, 2012

a modern mix

My personal flower loves are typically romantic, garden like blooms. Think ranunculus, peonies, hydrangea. I mean the heart loves what the heart loves,no? I do understand that not everyone shares my love. This combination was created for a client with a much more modern aesthetic. She wanted deep, rich colors and some tropical blooms included.

The small cube featuring the green cymbidium orchid and bear grass prettied up the cocktail tables. The dining room centerpieces were a mix red charm peonies, free spirit roses, pincushion protea,freedom roses, eggplant mini callas, green cymbidiums and manzanita branches in two different style containers- a tall cylinder and low cube.

I managed to mix my beloved peonies in with her modern style and I love the result! These were for a huge birthday celebration but something like this would be terrific for a late summer/early fall wedding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment