Monday, June 4, 2012

weekend in flowers

This weekend was crazy busy! It was terrifying, exhilarating and deeply satisfying. In other words, it was everything I hoped it would be when I decided to take the leap and do the damn thing!

I did learn a few lessons. Always bring your own jug/pitcher for filling up vases(the bigger the better!), don't forget to stay hydrated,loading takes longer than you think it will(even when you have help), must not forget car charger for phone and three events in one weekend is a bit much!

First up, a small wedding to kick off wedding season with a beautiful(and slightly minimal) bang.


I was actually contacted by the wedding planner for this wedding. The couple had a limited budget and the bride wanted something pretty but didn't really have any ideas about what she wanted. This is what we dreamed up-pretty, a little bit glam, minimal and within their budget. This is what happens when you trust your vendors!

Saturday was a very fun and super girl-y graduation party. The grad decided early on that she wanted her party to have a Parisian theme and her mom ran with that idea.

 We created three different centerpieces for the guest tables that had a "springtime in Paris" theme.
I didn't remember to take a picture of the final centerpiece!

 This was the topper for the head table. I love the mix of pink hydrangea,roses and orchids. We added the fiddlehead ferns and black mini callas to make it young and a little more fun. The hot pink(and deliciously fragrant freesia) and the curly willow made it show stopper! I wish I had a better picture.

Finally I was asked to create a dessert table. Her mom purchased a number of pastries-eclairs,cookies,cupcakes,tortes-and a variety of candy. It was the most delicious spread! I'm thinking I need to have some sort dessert party...SOON!
 This was the final result. I loved the way it turned out but of course I wish I'd gotten more/better pictures of it, especially once everything was out on display. There were a few things we we afraid of setting out too early because of the melt factor:(

There were also centerpieces for a birthday party but I forgot my camera and my phone was dying! I also had two graduates of my own. My oldest daughter graduated from the Paul Mitchell School and my youngest daughter graduated from high school!

BY my count that's 58 centerpieces, 2 bridal bouquets(1 to carry and 1 to toss), 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 10 boutonnieres, 5 wrist corsages, and a dessert buffet! So, yeah, exhaustion is a wall I hit 2 days ago! But, it was an awesome weekend.

Here's to a fantastic week!


No comments:

Post a Comment